I had no clue what a home theater was, just looking to start assembling a decent sound system again. Over the years we had gone from ugly-but-high-quality equipment to impressive-looking-but-crap, and one day I got really sick of it.

I had owned a pair of Rogers LS3 speakers and had really liked them, so started looking for something good in a similar size. The Axiom M2s had great reviews and were decently priced so I ordered a pair. First surprise was how quickly they arrived and how good the communication was - something I wasn't used to at the time and still don't see that often even today.

I really liked the speakers, but they were just a bit too thin in the bass for some of the music I played (as warned in the reviews), so I picked up a subwoofer and a DVD player then started down the slippery slope. Each time I wanted to expand the system I did a quick reality check by hauling the Axioms over to a friend's place and A/B'ing with whatever they had -- each time we both came away thinking the Axioms were pretty good so I bought more, ending up with M60 / VP180 / QS8 / M2 upstairs, M40 downstairs, and a temporarily homeless VP100 after it was replaced with the VP180.

Previous speakers include PSB, Rogers, Quad ELS, various home-made Philips/DeForest sealed and KEF transmission-line, and probably a few I'm getting too old to remember.

Oh cool... just noticed that Rogers LS3/5A speakers are back in Canada - $1200/$1500 a pair depending on finish. Hmmmm...

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8