Originally Posted By: MysticalJet
Originally Posted By: SirQuack
I don't understand why people would want to hide nice speakers behind a wall, I want to see my expensive speakers, but that is just me. smile My speakers are about 6" away from my front wall.

Just a matter of preference. For me I like the seamless look of a theater without seeing the speakers and just hearing them. Again, a matter of preference, but I don't need the speakers to look beautiful for my purpose - I just want them to sound good.

I like the way my Axioms look, this the reason I went with Boston Cherry instead of black. I wanted to see the speakers and have them look more expensive than they really were.

Now, with my new setup, I am going with a false front wall and an acoustically transparent screen. I want to have the audio nailed to the front image, while giving me a nice and clean front of my room. Also, to my wife's satisfaction, I will be able to hide my big SVS cylinder sub behind there.

I will, however, set things up nicely and do the good old gimmick of having some lights behind the screen that can be turned on/off to make the front Axioms show up through the screen. To me, that is even a cooler effect.

Farewell - June 4, 2020