Posted by Chesseroo:

"Although i now have a question for Ajax.
Care to elaborate?

In reply to:
(but am SERIOUSLY considering upgrading to the M60s for frequency response reasons, not volume)"

I've had my 22tis for about 3 weeks now. I've held off posting my opinions because I've been trying to get my thoughts organized. Not easy. (Just wait 'til YOU are old!)

I apologize in advance if I don't use the "correct" word or term to describe what I'm hearing.

First, I have never encountered such clarity in my 35 years of listening experience. I hear everything.

The sound stage(?) or spacial quality is likewise amazing.

At first, I had a little trouble with the "brightness" that others have mentioned, but I realized I was setting the volume at the level I set my previous speakers (Bose 301s), not by my ears, and was running things much louder than necessary. I have a meter, and have done an initial calibration, but due to responsibilities and illness (I'm running a 99.8 degree temperature as I'm typing, and am, therefore, NOT responsible for anything I say) I haven't got it where I think it should be.

However, the thing that has me considering "changing" to the MS (I have to decide in the next couple of days), is the feeling that the S are lacking something in the upper bass/Lower midrange area. I feel that there is a slight "hole" between the 22s and my sub (STF-2). Others who have the 22s (Snippy?) have mentioned the same thing. And even some who have already "changed" from the 22s to the M60s (Chesseroo?) have said the same thing.

My problem, as it is for so many of us, is my room itself. I have a slightly larger room (11.5 X 18 X 8) than Sigma, whose thread inspired this dissertation.

http://www.axiomaudio.com/boards/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=HT&Number=34727&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=

But, for various reasons, my seating area is only 8 to 10 feet from where the speakers would be, and the speakers would be only 8 feet, or so, apart.

However, IF (and that is one big IF) the M60s provided a better frequency response in the upper bass/lower midrange area, then the "change" would be welcome. And, I think that would qualify as an "upgrade" even by Chesseroo's definition.

All thought, comments, and criticisms are welcomed.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton