What fever are you guys running? In my post above I mentioned my STF-2. However, I failed to tell you that I'm running all speakers small, and the fixed crossover in my Onkyo 797 is 80Hz. I've got the crossover switch on the STF-2 set to "off," and the crossover frequency knob on the STF-2 turned all the way up (90Hz)

Realistically, I've considered the possibility that because the 22s are so superior to what I'm used to in the mid and high range, it just SEEMS like a shallow upper bass/lower mid response. Hard to tell. If you're not used to hearing "flat," then "flat" sounds strange.

"Or perhaps your hearing is missing a certain sound range due to age. Hey, it happens.
Go to any loud concerts lately? A little too much Metallica perhaps?

ROMAOTF LOL!!!!!!

Actually, I've been a professional musician all my life and was a sound man for a country rock band back in the late 70's and early 80's. So, I have been exposed to loud SPLs. Tinnitus anyone? I think that has had an effect on the high end of my hearing (age does that, too), but I doubt that it created a hole in the upper low/low mid range.

You whippersnappers. Metallica? Why back in my day we listened to REAL music!

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton