Originally Posted By: SirQuack
Jball, my room is 30ft x 30ft x 9ft, it is very wide, and never had off axis issues. Show me your science on how you determined this, maybe GTP can assist.

Firing tweeters at opposite ends of a cabinet causes severe lobing issues. It's like taking a two-way speaker and turning it horizontally. Not a good idea and hence why Axiom is the only company doing it. The VP150 off-axis measurements were shown on a thread on AVS and you can see once you exceeded 15deg off axis, severe frequency response shifts were present.

I am sorry you didn't have the same experience as me, but since I dumped my VP150 and got the Infinity, vocals are much clearer and I am enjoying my home theater more.

I still don't understand the VP150 design as it doesn't match any speaker in the Axiom lineup. Personally, I'd like to see a VP160 offered with the ports to the rear to cut the cabinet width down a bit. Anyone placing a center in a cabinet can simply plug the ports. There is little need for a center with bass response below 70-80Hz anyways.