Originally Posted By: fredk
Originally Posted By: BobKay
Once again, though, I really don't feel that bad.

Dude, get your shit together. MDD = Major Depressive Disorder. How can you be majorly depressed if you're not feeling that bad?

There it is, Fred! That's why I wrote it. I don't feel very bummed out. I made the appointment a couple of weeks ago, because of only one issue that I wanted help sorting out. I wasn't at all fixated on it, yet I was unaware there was so much more lurking. All of my experience with this stuff wasn't telling me what I needed to know, or do.

So if I can be clinically depressed and not know it, then there are too many people who could be way happier than they are aware is possible.

If one person read it and thought to himself, "That's something I should consider doing for myself this year," I'd be thrilled for them.

Every year your GP does standard tests to make sure nothing is wrong on the inside. No one gets a yearly screening to make sure about the inside.

Senator Eagleton had to bow out of a VP nomination with Ford, when it was revealed he had been to a psychiatrist. If he had had a heart condition, no one would have flinched. It was long time ago, but the perception persists. Even then I thought that voters should insist that every candidate sees a shrink before he can declare.

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.