Originally Posted By: michael_d
Thanks!! I'm quite happy with the set up. But I think I need a few more speakers.....lol

The M22's will more than likely get moved forward a bit and used as wide speakers. I'm afraid the M80's have to go and be replaced with M60's. As you can see, the M80's do obstruct some of the screen when in 2.35 mode. Also, I can move them closer to the screen wall, whereas the M80's tend to like where they are and do not sound quite right if moved back to the screen wall.

After Charles was asking about wood finishes when using a OH projector, I figured it might be helpful to post the pics. The darker stain and semi-gloss seams like a good compromise. I would have preferred rosewood in a piano finish and think they are beautiful, but the premium cost would be somewhat wasteful seeing how dark the room is, and the finish would be too reflective. I do get minor reflection, but it's not noticeable.

I'm looking forward to playing around a bit with the VP160 and getting it dialed in. I may end up pulling the upper 150 out of the room, as the 160 seams to be quite adequate on its own.

This is a setup that almost asks to have the main speakers dangle from the ceiling.
We had an old setup where the left speaker was partially blocked by a furniture piece just like this and when the furniture was removed, it made an audible difference.

Great room though.
Did we see pics of this before?
I vaguely recall.

Last edited by chesseroo; 02/05/12 06:40 PM.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."