I finally had some time to play with the 160 a bit.

First thing I found out is the VP150 plays louder than the VP160 with nothing more than channel test tones being sent to them. To the sum of 4 db as per my RS digital SPL meter. I found this a bit surprising. And to clarify, as I'm sure it'll be asked if not...I have each center channel speaker being driven by two separate, but identical 200 wpc/8 ohm amps.

Second thing is that the VP160 has a distinctly different tone to it than the VP150v2, as well as my M80ti's. The VP150 and m80ti's match quite well, but I'm not particularly excited over the m80ti and 160v3 paring. For movies it doesn't matter much at all, but for music, I don't think they play together all that nicely. The 160 is just a bit more relaxed, smoother, hell - better.

My M80ti's are definitely on their way out. The VP150 is also on it's way out. That sucks, as I really do like the over/under screen set up, but I don't feel as if I "need" both. The VP160 seams to hold its own quite nicely. I need to call Brent and get some more speakers coming.