Originally Posted By: Ken.C
Honestly, I'm more concerned about the increase in antibiotic resistant bacteria because of people's obsession with antibiotics in EVERYTHING.

It's not good to waste your defenses against an opponent who will ALWAYS learn to circumvent them with enough exposure.

That is why I don't put antibiotics on minor cuts/scrapes (only a bandage and that is to keep blood off of things). I regularly injest all sorts of dirt and dust while working on home projects, don't get too worked up by a metal nail, screw, staple puncturing my skin (unless it is really old or rusty).

It isn't that I don't care, but I think that my body has a built in resistance that other people don't have because of the over-sanitization of themselves and the world around them.

Sure, I clean up what I call chicken juice from cutting up uncooked poultry, but I am sure that I am still exposing myself to it more than I realize and I am not getting sick from it.

I do more deep cleaning just for the sake of things being clean. Killing germs is a biproduct of that. Others kill germs as the primary goal, and things getting clean just happens in the process.

Farewell - June 4, 2020