Well, I've just committed the ultimate heresy and will probably be shunned by all audiophiles. I know that the Axiom staff do not feel so warm about room correction but I has some real problems with my 2-channel listening environment. One wall that is adjacent to a speaker holds a thick wall covering while the wall adjacent to the other speaker includes a glass panelled door. We also have a love seat between the two speakers but much closer to the right tower.

Last week, I asked the set-up expert at a local hi fi storeroom help me figure out what to do about the space and about the boomier than acceptable sound beng generated in the environment. The set-up guy recommended that buy a Pioneer receiver with room correction electronics.

Of course, when I took a look across the Internet, I "discovered" that there are all sorts of room correction possibilities out there. Well, I now have one, its the DSPeaker Anti-Mode and you know what - it's absolutely amazing. That soundstage that elusive soundstage that, no matter how I exercised my limited placement options, refused to properly reveal itself has now done so.

My Sons now passes through an M-DAC and sends a Sabre DAC chipped, jitter free signal to the DSPeaker which processes, in particular, the bass sounds and sends them on to my Quad 99 pre.

An absolutely fantabulous result. If you are unfamiliar with the DSPeaker room correction device - look it up.

Anyway, I'm not looking back and the purists can burn me at the stake but, I'd rather have good sound than stick to orthodoxies. At last, Dire Straits is playing right in front of me - right in front Emanuel Ax is playing his piano in my living room right under the front window - wow!