I'm liking it so far. It's just what I need. Kudos for not falling into the "only-i am good enough" trap! (Hey, can I copy-write that quote?)

Charles is likely correct. The GUI will make it or break it. I love betas and I'm willing to try early model software/hardware that needs improvement if (big if) it brings me something cutting edge. However, the mass market is often won over by 'ease of use'.

Will the device software be open source, allowing 'those who can,' to develop alternative controller Apps? Having someone develop a possibly even better App that shows up all of a sudden on Google Play or iTunes, is not a bad thing and can actually promote sales. I'm assuming that if your control app is web based, it will be easy to reverse engineer in any case.

I did not expect to see portable hot spot capability. Nice touch! I could use one of those tonight as I try to squeeze in one last bonfire for the season. My firepit is just beyond range of my house WLAN and we could use some quiet tunes for when the guitar folk get tired.

Tom, I will gladly come and set up your device for expenses and beer.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.