Originally Posted By: tomtuttle
Andrew, I think you've stunned everyone into silence.

I'm with Charles, "ambitious" is what came to mind. Y'all are nerds.

I think that (unlike Ray), I may have reached the point in my life where technology has become sufficiently difficult to keep up with that I don't try as hard to do so. And there is so much paradigm shifting!

So, I guess the key question for me is, literally, how do you work this thing? I get the part about flinging stuff from my mobile device to the speakers - that part makes sense. What I'm having a hard time understanding is how to control playback when the content resides on a USB drive, NAS, etc. That whole "web based GUI" thing - and using it from a mobile device - is going to tell the tale for me.

I also don't really understand this:
Quote:
Wireless WiFi hotspot for use outdoors and anywhere that a WiFi network is not available.

Does this mean that even when I can't connect my AxiomPlay and my iPad (for instance) to the same wireless network that I will still be able to connect them to each other via wifi?

Good luck. Can't wait to see what you guys do next.

Apologies for the confusion Tom (and anyone else)!
Basically, as you point out, the flinging or "pushing" audio from another device where the audio files reside to AxiomPlay puts all control in the hands of that device, including volume.

If you want to play an audio file from a USB drive or your NAS, the WebUI (web user interface) is required in order to display the files as a library structure (using existing file tags), select which files to play and in what order (playlist functionality is included), start, stop, pause, and control volume. The same applies for internet radio where you can select a channel from a library and then start playback and adjust volume. The reason this must be done via the WebUI is that AxiomPlay is now acting as the SERVER for the files, so it must also be the controller.

The WiFi hotspot is a really neat feature and something we are very proud of. Many times someone will want to take their AxiomPlay portable speaker to the dock, away camping, or maybe even to the garage where a WiFi network is not available. With the built-in hotspot you can still playback from any device, or control AxiomPlay with the WebUI simply by connecting to the hotspot WiFi address! It also works in an "auto-fallback" mode so that if your home's WiFi network goes out for any reason, you can keep on streaming music from your phone or tablet.

We are planning to have a preliminary version of the WebUI on our site soon. This will allow you look at the layout and see how the display will render on your specific device.

Thanks,

Andrew