Thanks! Yeah, the little guy keeps me ony toes. I was thinking just adding a third qs8 would be easiest and provide some improvement at a reasonable cost. I can easily access the attic to run cable so that's no problem. If I go 7.1 I could use some kind of bracket to bring the speaker down a couple feet from the drop ceiling assuming the wife wouldn't get too mad about a speaker floating in the air and the other fixed to the wall. I moved my sub up from the back corner to the side of my couch and would like to have one on the opposite side of the couch ( near fireplace/window which would put them In line with listening position on each side of room. However, that is an exterior wall and would not be able to fish sub cable through it. It could be done, but Most likely, my second sub would go near the front of the room.

Anyone have thoughts on hsu vs svs, or for amps are emotiva still sub par when it comes to powering m80s?

Axiom amps or subs aren't out of the question but have to look at budget more closely.

-David