I am getting real close with the Media Room revival. So I am left with the impass at what is best to do.

Options:

1. Wait in buying a new TV. See about getting the old 55" toshiba rptv from the parents basement into my basement and hope it works.
1b. Wait in buying a new TV and live without one

2. Buy a 1080p TV for cheep knowing that in 3-4 years there will be better tech out there for far less than it costs to get good now, but risk that you might be stuck with what you got for a long time.

3. Buy a high end 1080p TV as picture quality rules and who needs 4k.

4. Buy an inexpensive 4K TV as resolution trumps all.

I will admit, I am not a filmaphile and as long as the picture quality is not obsine, I will watch the TV and enjoy it, I put up with the crap that NetFlix sends over the internet (even though I have a 50Mb connection, the supposed HD and UHD comes pixilated. That might be because I have a crappy Samsung smart TV from 2012.

I am sure that I will be far more happy with a 65 or 70" tv over a 50" tv with better video viewing specs.

This brings the question to some of the inexpensive 4K TV's that are out there. There is the Hisense LED TV 65" 65K680UW that gives up the ATSC tv tuner, but I really don't care as I am not going to be watching TV on the screen. I will be watching movies and streamed content.

It's one of those Chinese companies who are trying to break into the North American market and are offering a 4K tv at less than 1/2 the big 4 main brands are.

What are the thoughts??

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5