Craig. I get your thoughts. The Crown amps are made to a budget and as for how well they will last, only time can tell.

I would believe that the ADA1000 with 4 channels costing about the same as the larger Crown XLS1502, I will give up loudness potential of the crown for better life and maybe a cleaner sound matching as Andrew has made both the speakers, DSP and Amp so they better sound good together.

The word from Deb was that the ADA1000 cannot drive the LFR1100s to their full potential. I don't know what this is based on. I right now don't have a Pre-Amp as I sold the one that I bought last year as i was having more difficulty getting it to work, and to be honest, if you ignored the humm at no output, the sound to me didn't come across any better than the Pioneer AV receiver. Now it did have far better crossover support and with some percerviance it may have been better that I could get. But my thought was that I may be far better off waiting and saving for 2-3 years and buy something more newer with better support when Atmos and DTSX gets more firmly finalized in the market. Home by then that the CAD will bounce back we can afford something nice.

I don't know what having more volume will do for me. I listen in a 2100cu' room and to be honest don't get above -20db that often, and have never gone over -10fb on the receiver ever. I do have the two EP500's so I don't know if there is any way with my Pioneer to set a 40hz cross over.

So as I would want to get going on this... Do you think that the ADA1250 at over double the cost will give me anything substantially more than the ADA1000.

Your help is very much appreciated.

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5