This thread can now be closed.

I took the plunge and bought the ADA1000-4 at a bit more than was budgeted but still in my reach. Now I have to wait the 3-4 weeks for it to get made and shipped out to me. I know it will sound great and should have zero issues with the rest of my equipment. No humm's and enough power to bring a smile to my face.

Now I have asked and am waiting on the answer:

The ADA line of amps that Axiom sell are modular in the sense that they can be upgraded to add more channels at a later date as these are just amp boards that connect to the common linear power supply. On the spec sheet, they talk about "Max Output per Channel XX Channels Driven".

Now does that mean when the extra boards are installed, that is the maximum power that can be driven output regardless of the load on each channel?

For instance, if I have the ADA1000-5 and use it to drive 4 surround channels and a center, the center would have far more load requirement than the surrounds. Now would the center channel be able to deliver the Max 250w@4ohms as the surround channels will never require anywhere close to that amount of power.. or just because there are 5 amp modules inside the ADA1000, your maximum will be 200w@4ohms.

Guess this is an Andrew question as he designed this amp and will likely know.

As an additional question, what happens with the amp and it's output power when you have different resistance speakers hooked up. Like with my example, if you have 4 QS8 speakers @8ohms and a VP180 speaker @4ohms. What power would you get for the VP180? as it says all 4 of the QS8s would get max 125w

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5