Bobkay ... There really are no differences to put side. And thank you for the kind words. smile

CV - He will have a full recovery .. as long as he is willing to put in the work required. At 19, it seems overwhelming to him, which is why we are there at all times. This has the potential for being a life changing event in the positive for him, and he has a solid support structure behind him.

To everyone - thank you for the kind words and receptive nature.

For some lighter stuff, I just opened up a pair of mint condition Axiom AX-2 bookshelf speakers, and for fun, they are residing in the same system where the LFR-1100's were.

My son and I will be doing some serious listening to them in evening sessions - he is getting into Pink Floyd and a lot of classic artists, and is introducing me to his favorite metal bands - Slayer, Megadeth ... etc ...

The AX-2's are already impressive. Axiom speakers may not be the least expensive on the market, but they sure do pass the timeless test. There are a lot of classic speakers here now - also some 1956 Electrovoice corner horns (think Klipsch), 1962 vintage Electrovoice 11 bookshelfs, 1977 Koss 1020's ... plus a lot of modern stuff.

Our son is a fantastic guitar player, and loves music. This is going to be part of his recovery.

Cigars with the old man are also a favorite of his. Life is good.