Originally Posted By Socketman
So close and yet so far, not even social media could bridge your football field. Maybe next time wink Good on ya for helping with sandbags, that's a tough job glad to see someone helping their fellow man for now personal gain. I will be watching the weather and our thoughts are with you.

Wow, filling sandbags, moving them 20 feet to a staging area, and loading them into pickup trucks is a lot of work. We only had about 2.5 hours onsite today between events, but we got a lot of bags filled, moved, and loaded.

Tomorrow we are going to help a single mom and her family from our church clean out their basement. The water is scheduled to get above the flood stage tomorrow as well, so we will be cutting it close, but that is when they wanted the help.

The best part of all of this has been the people. Nobody complaining, everyone just chatting away to pass the time and keeping right at it. Then again, the volunteers are pretty much people, like ourselves, that are far enough away from the river to be impacted. If my house was being threatened by a coming flood, my spirits might not be so positive right now.

Farewell - June 4, 2020