Originally Posted By MatManBobbleHead
The problem is harder than that. if it was failing or making the noise on a consistent basis then you have something to go on. Right now it has made this awful racket 3 times. Once at 3am and by the time it woke everyone up and I got downstairs and thought it was the subs, so went to turn them off and the deep rumbling sound stopped. OK. So l left them turned off.

Mat, are you stating above that when you heard this noise and turned off your subs, the rumbling sound stopped? If so this has nothing to do with the DSP as I am assuming your subs are driven directly from line level sub outputs on your Anthem. If that's not the case and you are insistent that the DSP is the issue, get in touch with Debbie to send it in and I'll replace the internal parts. The reason we have asked to have the Anthem removed from the equation is that when you turned off the DSP and the noise stopped it could simply have been due to no longer feeding the pre-amp signal to the DSP. The DSP has muting circuitry which grounds the outputs when turned off, shorting the inputs to the amplifier channels. One thing everyone needs to remember is that Axiom stands behind their products more than pretty much any audio manufacturer out there. If you have a problem in the future, even if something is out of warranty it usually ends up being repaired for little to no cost.

Thanks,

Andrew

Last edited by Andrew; 10/09/16 01:27 PM.