In the almost 13 months since the last post in this thread, a lot has happened in my life. It started last January when our oldest was having health issues.

He's been a type one Diabetic since age 9, and is now 25. His symptoms were consistent with early MS, and lots of testing was done. It ended up being a temporary issue with his nervous system, and by March, he was in the clear.

During this time period, I had found a pair of late 80's vintage Axiom AX-2's and put them into the system. We were waiting on a new ADA-1500-4 for the 1100's, and it was fun to listen to 25 year old Axioms.

They are an impressive speaker, especially for a simple 8 inch, 2 way speaker.

Then, in April, about the time the ADA-1500-4 arrived, our youngest had a serious accident while away at university and broke his neck in three places.

He was "this close" to being a quadriplegic on a breathing tube (just typing this gives one the shivers). The primary surgery was 7 hours, and the recovery was long and painful.

The good news, he's back in school and his biggest problem ow is weight gain from all the meds - so now he's working on that. To say we are grateful to God and the medical staff for his current health would be an understatement.

All this time, audio hasn't even been a hobby.

Tonight, after several months of the LFR-1100's being in storage and the ADA-1500-4 in the box, I wired them into the system with some new 10 gauge wire and fired them back up.

They are one HECK of a loudspeaker. The level of clarity is astonishing, and the depth of the soundstage is outstanding. I forgot how much I liked these speakers.

It's good to be back in the hobby - right now I am working on a review of a pair of EP800's in our main theater. The 800's would not win a "loudest at 20 Hz contest" against offerings from SVS-JTR-HSU-PSA, but they do things in our room we have never experienced.

Not only is the bass incredibly tight, but even at moderate volumes, we get room shaking bass that one feels. Linearity to 12 Hz is a good thing.

If there is any interest, I will put up a separate thread here about the test, and have an email into Dave Upton at Home Theater Forum about putting the test up there.

I also ordered a Powersound Audio V1801 to test - it's $1299 USD, delivered anywhere in the contiguous 48. It has an 18 inch driver, Ice Amp and a claimed -3 dB @ 16 Hz.

That's a lot of potential in a relatively affordable sub. It's also mostly American made (remember, America is a continent, not a country - Axiom and PSA both are dedicated to "working local", and I find that to be admirable).