Right now the bike that I have is in the old LX and XT comp set. It's an old Trek Liquid 30 bike.

What you were expressing Brendo is to effectively strip down the bike to the frame and start over again. The sad part is that the suspension is probably the most expensive part of a new bike setup. The old Fox forks that I have are no longer made and parts are not available for them. I would also for my weight and type of riding that I do need to move from the older spring damper setup to the more reliable and easier to setup air oil design. The cost of a new front fork can easily be $600-900 unless I want to press my luck and order unknown from Tiwan. For my frame I will also need to get a new rear shock, but that is limited by the frame design and such. I am guessing it will be in the $3-400 range. I know that looking at replacing the whole group set with a 1x11 slx setup is about $590.

What is not mentioned in any of these numbers is who is also doing the work. I am sure that many people could save a bundle by purchasing replacement automotive parts and doing the work themselves. But it would involve learning how to and tools etc to get the job done. When you buy a bike, you have paid for someone to assemble it for you and that comes in with the price that you have to pay.

Sadly, I don't think there is any easy answer to the problem.

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5