I've heard the anthems are nice.

I know this is a topic debated as old as time but I'm of the camp that, room correction and eq settings aside, power is power. And one power source isn't going to sound better or "warmer" (or whatever catchy adjectives the industry likes to use lol).

I think having extra power on hand (headroom) makes a difference if you want it loud....but even that is debated by some. Especially with the sensitivity rating of axiom speakers. But I'm sure missing my rotel rmb-1095 I used to run frown. No service place in my small little town.

All of that being said, my quest for the m100's or something even bigger and badder ;), isn't to do with being unsatisfied with my m80's sound. On the contrary, I have been obsessing over speakers since I was 12 years old. I have been through many many pairs. High end to low end. My axiom m80s are the best speakers me ears have ever heard. Period. I fall in love with them over and and over again. The dynamics, the control, the soundstage...its all there. It's also a party speaker when I need it. It has some fucking muscle behind it's refinement.

All this talk about the m100 from me is just a desire to have the biggest and baddest lol...nothing more

In my space, the m60 would have done extrodonarily well. But I opted for the m80 because it was the flagship tower at the time.

And I got it with die cast baskets and dual inputs merely for the idea of increasing its value when I sell it (while it may be arbitrary, many average speaker heads look for this stuff). I did that because I knew I would need to upgrade to the new flagship down the road wink haha

I do realize that I will need more power for such monsters at the listening levels I wish to achieve but that will come in time. My rotel was a very nice power amp. Not as much power as an axiom amp, but I'd like to pay to fix it regardless. Perhaps to sell it and put it towards an axiom amp even smile

My most beloved power amp ever was a Bryston. And I know what I'm getting if I buy an axiom amp wink

2 Axiom M80s v3-custom
1 Axiom VP160 v3-custom
2 Axiom QS10HP
2 Cerwin Vega CMX 12's
Pioneer SC-57