I humbly bow to Norimasa Kitagawa and all the other great TX-NR818 engineers who are responsible for the electronics in my audio path. Without their ingenuity, my room-speaker-source system would still sound like total dog shit.

This is the last great receiver Onkyo built and the team that designed it, lived and breathed electronics and had a deep passion for audio. They worked around the clock to deliver functionality and performance you can't find in a receiver 3x the price. And the good folks at Visions let 7 of them go to me and my friends for what amounted to a song and a dance. I'll forever be in the debt of all those who had anything to do with this purchase and when I can no longer source components to repair it if it ever breaks down, I will keep it and take it to the crematorium where it and I can fuse for eternity.

I'm in a 4,200 ft^3 room, 14' away from my M80s and this integrated receiver ROCKS!

BTW, I see the same passion at Axiom. Passion matters. The 160 and 800 just might be coming on that joyride to eternity.

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated