Originally Posted By MatManhasgone
you do realize that hospital grade outlets are not designed to give any better connection or less resistance to power. They are designed to not spark when you plug and unplug from the outlet. That is why they cost far more.

I am not the ultimate expert, although I have been in healthcare IT since 1989, but, in addition to what Mat said above, "Hospital grade" surge protectors also simply do not have "on - off" switches.

I use a ZeroSurge surge protector on my HT, PC, Networking equipment, and my Refrigerator (Too expensive to replace a modern refrigerator, right!) ZeroSurge is a NON MOV surge protector, that will never wear out. For like 20 bucks extra, they can make an "audiophile" version of their surge protector.

Also, except for the refrigerator, I then use a CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD PFC Sinewave UPS 1500VA 900W PFC Compatible Mini-Tower, can be found on sale, for under 150 (I bought 3 last black friday for 139.99).

I am not made of money, but I have been hit by lightening, and it fried all my HT equipment back in 1999.

As far as the PS Audio power conditioners and power plugs, I will never own one in my "real" life, but if I ever won the lottery, and spent 50K or more (and you can spend a LOT MORE!!!), I think that you are down to the last percent improvement, and if you had 50K, 200K, etc tied up in Audio equipment, it might be one of those "what the hell, why not, I already spent this much", type of purchases, I have to get that last 1/10 of 1 % performance increase!

Also, if you did have huge sums of money tied up in electronics, the last thing you need is a surge killing it all.

Watch some of the Paul McGowan (Owner of PS Audio) videos on YouTube, the guy is very intelligent, very nice and well spoken, I can listen to him for hours!

I would have dismissed his power stuff as pure snake oil, but he does not seem to be the type of person to want to rip of anyone, and seems to be "fact based".

I think it is for "State of the art" audiophiles, or maybe "Super expensive State of the art" audiophiles.

Like I said, a 799.99 1 meter power cable is not ever going to be in my purchase list, unless I already had hundreds of thousands invested in "super state of the art" HT stuff, and had addressed all other areas of my listening environment first!

Last edited by BuddTX; 03/15/18 10:35 PM.