There is of course music in movies, but you aren't doing critical listening and small differences mean little.

Given our space limitations, which is to say i don't have the room to move back anymore from the front, or room to move the speakers 3 feet left and right, means i can't do much more for tweaking my room beyond room treatments. I already know the primary limitation is not being able to get that golden triangle concept going (sitting too close to the speakers reduces the sweet spots and you hear too much left or right pull depending on where you sit on the couches).
I have modified the soundstage digitally using the features in the receiver which helps smooth that out, but with a larger tv pending, i want more dispersion across the front and hence i'm leaning toward the VP160 (the VP180 would be too big for our room).

With some DVD-A music though, the individual placement of sound is stellar and makes sense the same as if you were sitting in the audience and something more on your left should sound different and louder than a musician farther off to the right of the stage.
Under those circumstances, you wouldn't realize that part of it might be the artefact of the speaker placement.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."