I have to tell you, from what I have witnessed amongst my peeps, speaker size or looks did not influence their decision around what speaker sounds best. You have to know though that my peeps are not audiophiles although they are becoming far more discerning as they listen to their systems, mine and others'. I'll also qualify all this by saying, as you all know, I am no expert who conducts formal audio tests all day. I do have a ton of experience with formal testing and characterization (not in audio) though and know the biases and pitfalls and worked very hard, and still do, with large teams of people to minimize them. So I am always skeptical about these things but not closed-minded.

I also like to think I am not influenced by size or looks either. I mean, just look at my experience and history of my posts on these boards. I like the M3v4 better than the M80v2 and so do others. And I prefer the M5s over the M100s. Now Ian and Craig may think I'm nuts but hey...that's what works in my rooms. And Ian, may you live long and prosper for bringing the active LFRs to market.

Last edited by Mojo; 11/26/19 05:14 PM.

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated