In reply to:

Room is 24', by 14', 8'. I am not sure if there is a B&W dealer around here. I will be around 10ft away from the front drivers. I haven't had many experiences with higher quality speakers, so I don't really have anything to compare to.

What about the QuadPolar speakers? Are they good for really loud tunes ( I have never owned any), or should I consider matching the back speakers with the fronts and get two sets of M60's?

If the M60's are stretching your budget, then using a second pair of towers as rear speakers is SERIOUS overkill. The QS series speakers work just great for both music and movies. (I love my QS8's.)

Try and hit a few hi-fi shops in your area. Get a feel for the kind of sound you prefer. If you really love clarity and crystal clear details in your music, then the M60ti's are your speaker. If you prefer a more laid back, mellow, subdued sound, then I'd opt for the M50ti's.

Also...though both speakers will be able to produce nice clean, tight bass, you mentioned that you really like "thump, thump, thump" - Get your towers now, and start saving some extra coin for a nice subwoofer. You'll not regret it.