Hey Guys, thanks for all the responses. Much appreciated. This is turning into quite the interesting hobby. I starting thinking about getting new amplifiers ( my NAD post from a few weeks ago..) but bailed on that. I realized i was just guessing and band aiding in anticipation of new a larger space. In addition to that , introducing new amps would change my " reference point for sound " so im better off to just move in with my very modest system and get comfy and go from there with upgrades and comparisions so I can judge how each change impacts the quality and the space.

I've heard so many times about how important the room is. So i figure i'll start there, hence my deepish dive into room acoustics and treatment. I had a feeling that Dennis was a bit un conventional, some of the products seem too good to be true. I'll check out the guys you suggested Trev. But some of his videos certainly got me thinking and looking into how acoustics work in room, the research and learning will continue, along with all of your guys' wonderful insights. ( Thanks Mojo for the knowledge there as well.)

I will post some photos and a spec sheet of the 2 spaces I have to work with.

Dedicated 2 channel space: This one space is our " great room ", it's not massive but its pretty big. 12 foot ceilings in main living room then drops down to 9 feet for kitchen and dining. 7400 cubed feet. Its open to upstair well and foyer too. This space will need to be aesthetic so i will have to be clever and discrete with any treatments. We have purchased heavy curtains to go over all the glass and windows. We went with the full 12 foot curtains in the living room and full 9 foot height in dining room. Theres 2 large skinny windows that flank to center position, those will also have cutains at full height.

Theatre Space or dedicated listening space for anything really: This space is fully below grade concrete basement. The concrete is insulated with 2 inch rigid insulation all the way around. Floor is concrete too. It is the same footprint as the great room / kitchen / dining. ( It's directly below the great room....) so same square feet but 7 foot ceilings. I'll have freedom down there to do absolutley whatever i want, the only drawback is the 7 foot ceilings and perhaps the concrete, im not sure if that s good or bad. Maybe both? But its a big space to work with and i'm hoping i can make something special down there. I can keep it wide open or make it smaller too, whatever goes.

I'll see if i can figure out how to post some pics and diagrams to share. I'm very stoked to share this with you guys as I know you get the excitement of all things audio.

M60ti Hafler9505 & JFET Pre,Axiom Transformer. M3 Marantz PM7200 Dual 606 Denon 2700 M2 Yammy RX595