Hey Trev, thanks for having a look. Yeah its a pretty exciting time. Those photos are from about a month ago. We move in a couple weeks.
Yes, hard wood floors thru out on the main floor, carpet upstairs. We're planning some large throw carpets / rugs for the living room too and a wood stove along the blank wall.
The curtains are already here and are what my wife really wants in the house. She is not into having blinds anymore, they are a pain to clean. It could be possible to have a set of cutains for the other wall simply to mirror the acoustics of the other side......just leave em tied back as an aesthetic thing and then pull em closed when going for symmetry for listening. Not sure how that would look to be honest! ha! We'll see....maybe a freestanding setup when i want it and just store it elsewhere when not in use.
We're doing a walk thru this week, i'll get some current photos of what it all looks like. I'll work on how to post a pic properly, ( eye roll, embarrassing...)

Another question for everybody, do I manage the acoustics of the room first with my current gear or do I do my upgrade of system first then manage the acoustics with that system in the room? Or maybe it's a little bit of both, basic damping of the room with normal room things ( furniture , curtains rugs etc...) see how that goes. Then go from there with the current gear.

I gotta admit, when i saw that room I wanted the house even more because of its size and shape and acoustic potential! And the freedom the basement provides too was very enticing. Can't wait!

PS. Yes, the basement is a total clean slate and i'll have total freedom down there to do as I please. So the acoustic managment down there will only be limited by free time and budget. I want to do that space correctly from the start. I'm in no rush to hurry into a build down there. I want to do it right. I was thinking a 5.2 system down there eventually with a good 2.2 channel capable L/R as part of it.

Yeah, im rambling but im just stoked! And I know you guys get it. The only other person I know that could actually get the excitment level is my brother but he's 3 hours away.

Last edited by Kodiak; 02/23/21 12:38 AM.

M60ti Hafler9505 & JFET Pre,Axiom Transformer. M3 Marantz PM7200 Dual 606 Denon 2700 M2 Yammy RX595