Originally Posted by Kodiak
Oh good point Mojo. Right. 4 ohms. And lots of juice.

Any feedback on m22 vs m2? That extra mid woofer is for high spl no? So probably of no real advantage in a small room.

For subs I’d probably keep it cheap and just buy a small Polk or Klipsch sub for this small of a room.

There’s an ep175 v2 in the refurb store right now….

Don't get the 175v2. Just...don't. You are better off getting a 125v4. I have two. I very much like them. I even like them very much. They sound better in my living room than one or two 500s.

I only heard an M22ti and didn't like it. One member traded an M22(v2?) for a v4 and punted the v4 back to Axiom. Was it broken in? I don't know. If the v4 mid-woofers are integrated properly, and if the cabinet doesn't contribute too much parasitic noise, then the M22 should be nothing but cleaner when louder compared to the M2.

Those are big ifs though. What makes the M2 great is its simplicity. Small, tight cabinet that doesn't get in the way of imaging or add audibly parasitic noises, and a simple, two-driver topology. And unlike the M3, it doesn't try to do what it can't. And that's why it doesn't boom and integrates well with subs. It is an elegant product.

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated