Originally Posted by rrlev
[quote=2x6spds]Roll the clock forward to V4 and for a while one would think that the V2 was terrible from the way some on the board bashed them comparing them to the new V4s. Granted I'm sure the V4 was a big improvement (from what has been said a lot of the improvements has to do with better imaging and dynamics) but how bad could they be ... I mean a few years earlier they were the greatest thing since talking pictures, sliced cheese, and Elvis ...

P.S. I'm sure if V5s came out someone would start trashing the old V4s ... but knowing these speakers the improvements are going to be subtle ... at least till a new format comes out to blow away two channel music.

I think I may be the only one who bashes v2 when compared to v4. The v2 woke me up from my Bose 601 stupor. As I gained listening experience, I quickly realized what was missing with v2. V4 filled that gap nicely. V4 can't be made to sound any better nor should it. The Millenia dream is finally complete. Time for the next product family.

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated