Originally Posted by TrevorM
I have owned both and messed with both in a few rooms. If you are looking for value vs output go with SVS. If you are looking for sound quality and tunability go Axiom. Honestly, I would just buy an Axiom EP500 and never look back. Holy cow do they rock for what they are. But I am biased and push them on virtually all my installs. Owners are never let down though. Usually get a "holy shit" out of them. Then grins.

If you do go with Axiom be sure to order with rubber feet and place on carpet. I can make Axiom subs make bad noises on hardwood floors or spiked through carpet at low frequencies and high spl. There is a sympathetic frequency that causes a hammering effect and the floor to rubber feet interface being somewhat springy like carpet cancels this issue. Tip from the trenches. I don't blame the subs... High spl at low freq= kinetic energy.

Thanks for the input. If i had the room and wanted to spend the money on that I would. That thing is basically the size of a small end table, but not as large as other subs I've seen. Im trying to stay small with the woofer size.

For reference the entire first floor of my house is 800 Sqft and the basement is about 450ish. I am not a huge fan of clutter and like to keep things compact if possible.