Eblack, if you are listening to more music now, you do have a bit of a predicament. Axiom subs are very articulate and make music sound great. Even the 125 gives you growls and texture with a lovely mid-bass pop.

Users have reported on these boards that Axiom sealed subs are better in the music department than SVS. My buddy and I did a head-to-head of his ported SVS 1000 vs my 125v4. There was no question in either of our minds that the 125 was more enjoyable with music. Movies was a different story because the SVS went lower.

As for your wife, you'll want to experiment in the downstairs room with her first. Women are generally very sensitive to bass so she might not need a sub. Another tricky part is what kind of sound she likes. Some listeners prefer the more mellow sound of M3 over the more linear sound of the M2. The M3 also gives more bass. The M3 is more like vinyl and tubes while the M2 is more like CD and solid-state. The M3 is more like Tina Turner while the M2 is more like Norah Jones. The M3 is more like bourbon and cigar while the M2 is more like champagne and chocolates. The M5 is an orgy of all of them.

I love all the v4 in their own way.

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated