I'm hoping Alan, Ian, or any of you knowledgable fellas can help out here. I've recently blown the dust off my old turntable, after coming across plenty of cheap, well-cared for albums at local garage sales and flea markets. Here's the difficulty: I am noticing that any movement made by me during turntable use is instantly transferred through the floor, and directly to the speakers (M60s), and this is causing the woofers to to move in a most alarming fashion. I mean, these woofers are just flying; they look completely loose, and as though they are about to fall right out of the cabinets. I have noted that this doesn't happen when I'm using any other input (cd, dvd, tuner, etc.). For now, I've fixed the problem by sliding a placemat(!!) beneath my turntable, and this has provided adequate vibration insulation; no more flying woofers. Now I'm wondering if this type of excursion of the drivers could be harmful. Any info would be appreciated, gang. BTW, the turntable and M60s are connected to an old Marantz 2285, if it makes a difference. Cheers!

DS.