Hey guys,

I still have some of the discwasher record cleaning and stylus cleaning fluid. And yes, I still use them too!

Alan, I am pretty sure the "dust bug" is the old tracking cleaner I had as well. Did it have a flat, clear plexiglas arm with a round red plush brush that was on the record surface? (at least whatever brand I had looked like that).

One other cool record cleaner I got my hands on (and still have it) was also a "National" battery powered hand held device. It had a rotating brush made of very fine bristles that were supposed to be made of the same vinyl as records. (Thus it was not supposed to cause any static build-up) It has two small swing open doors that were covered with a very fine cloth/mesh that acted as a filter. Thus the dust was swept up off the surface and was caught in the filters. Personally I don't think it worked all that well - but it is pretty cool. I don't think it was ever sold in the US, as I got it from a Technics/Panasonic representative when I worked for Sony in Germany. (we reps. traded stuff with each other all the time - man, I even used to collect speaker drivers and crossovers, in hopes of one day building my own "super speakers" - but alas, I never did)

To all - I hope all this doesn't sound like any sort of one-upmanship - cause believe me it isn't! I just LOVE hearing about this kind of stuff from others, and I like sharing my experiences as well. Earlier, Alan mentioned his old Grado phono cartidge. I never had one, but always wanted one - but they always seemed out of my price range at the time. Oh well......

All the best - and keep the good stuff coming!

Randyman