Davehead, Randyman,

I still have and use the walnut-handled Discwasher. That Cecil Watts tracking cleaner I mentioned was the "Dust Bug"!

And my Zerostat is white--I always wanted the red one! However, even better is my "National" (that's the Panasonic brand name in Japan) anti-static gun that I was given on a press trip to Japan. I don't know why they never marketed the gun here--audiophiles would have loved it.

Get this: it has a built-in meter that measures the static charge present, and it really works! You can even measure the static charge on your body, or any other object, in dry weather! Then you squeeze a trigger to zap the disc, and check the meter to ensure the static charge is neutralized. Disadvantage is that it's powered (four AA batteries). Mine still has the Japanese characters on it so I have no idea what model it was. Maybe Panasonic sold it in the U.S. but Matsushita in Canada never imported it.

And that expensive Discwasher "secret" fluid must have made millionaires of its inventors. I think it was just distilled water. Oh well, great fun.

Regards,

Alan Lofft,
Axiom Resident Expert (Retired)