Off topic - but to save yourself a little time with the delivery of the QS8 (and maybe even to smooth over the WAF), consider doing what I did...Chery up front (M60 mains and a VP100, a maple rears, with added white grills, which were minimally extra). I got the sample of teh maple, and it is very light, nearly an off-white, with hints of white, grey, tan and khaki. While they haven't arrived yet - I think that they may blend in better with an off-white wall than the cherry ones, and make them less noticeably big.

BACK ON TOPIC - Home theater is always getting better and better - technology wise.

The one constant in the whoel thing, really, are your speakers. You can always get a better cd player, for half the price, with more features, bass management, etc. in a few years. However, you're not going to be able to get a better surround speaker for less in the future. You will pay more for the better technology. While I woudl advise against getting the best cd player, the best receiver, etc., especially if this is the first HT system you're investing in, I would not say the same about your speakers. They are the last and most critical link in the chain. Without good ones, the whole thing falls apart. And to boot, you can get the best, right now, without dropping a tremendous amount of cash, only to have them become obsolete in two years. Consider the receiver that I just bought. It has all the bells and whistles that I coudl ever want - and it only cost my $500. However, two years ago, the same receiver wasn't even available for any price (technoogy not invented yet), and even if I could get it, I would have paid $2500 - $3000 for it.

Go with the QS8s - think about getting them in a maple (or even painting them - if having huge speakers stand out on the walls is an issue), and know that you got the best, and that they will satsify you for years to come. If you go with the QS4s, you'll be very happy, but you'll always wonder - what if?

Good luck deciding, and have fun listening.