Hello All,

Hope you are all well. I just recieved my new M2i speakers, and they sound great. I purchased them to be used as my center channel. I have them wired in parallel as a 4 ohm load into my Harman/Kardon AVR 630. The main seating area is 7.5 feet from them. They are sitting ontop of my 32" TV 16 inches apart, and angled slightly inwards. I have them in the conventional vertical position. They sounded funny when on their sides. Much better when vertical.

On a side note they are very easy to wire in parallel with those 5 way posts. Just had to use a spade to the first, then banana to banana to the second.

These little speakers in tandem make a great center channel solution, at only -25db volume on the HK I am getting up to 75db peaks in vocals from the pair. At -20db volume the levels go over 80db and become too loud, unless you want to listen from the dining room or kitchen, lol. Let me clarify, it was very loud, but still very clear, no distortion detected at these levels. I have them crossed over at 80hz, and the trasition to the sub is seemless. It really sounds like the base is coming from the M2i and not the sub.

The clarity of these speakers is incredible. Due to the mains being 8ohms and the center at 4ohms, you have to compensate the center channel up quite a bit. Mine are set at +6 over the mains.

I did test one M2i as a center by itself, that was unsatisfactory, it needed the sonic reinforcement of the second to sound full.

Since they sounded so good, I tried them as mains. They are a little small as mains, but still sounded very good. Had to crank them to -17db volume to get into the 75 to 80db range. That was from a distance of about 11 feet away, since I moved them from the TV to where the mains are located. Honestly I did not think I could get that level of sound out of them, especially from 11 feet away!

The room they are in is 18 wide x 12 deep, seating area is along the long wall.

Hope this message is useful to anyone thinking on trying these little speakers for themselves.

Later,

TonyM