Hi Rich,

Welcome, and thanks so much for sharing your story!

Remarkably beer-free thread, so far

Anyway, I'm not an AVS devotee (just don't have time, it's nothing deliberate). I go there periodically and read some stuff.

At the risk of politicizing this thread, I find it a little alarming that free exchange of information by persons not associated with the business end of AVS (i.e. users) are being censored for saying POSITIVE things about any company, even if they are not sponsors. I mean, it would be one thing if you were besmirching the credibility of firms who pay the bill to make your prattling possible, but not allowing positive comments unless they ARE paying you?

Look at subwoofers. Every time it comes up here (only 3.6 new subwoofer threads per day this month, a new record low), somebody trying to help offers up how much he enjoys his SVS or Hsu. And others chime in that they are satisfied with their Axiom, or Rocket or Paradigm or Dayton or whatever. I think Axiom, as the SOLE sponsor of this manufacturer-related forum, would be entirely justified in discouraging these types of conversations. But they don't. Which is part of what makes this such a special cyber-place.

To cite a newspaper analogy, I'm not sure that the AVS editorial board should be beholden to the advertising department. Ultimately, I think it's just bad business.

Where's the /scratches head emoticon?

bibere usque ad hilaritatem