TonyM,

Thank you for sharing your insight and experience. I was hoping that you would find this thread and contribute

I'd like to discuss the vortex porting issue a bit more also; thank you for bringing it up. Your conjecture begs another question - how much clearance do the vortex ports on the M2 need *in any direction* before the sound is compromised? It is intuitive that they would need significant clearance directly behind the port, but your observation suggests that clearance along the plane of the speaker side may also be influential. We all know that early reflections from placing a speaker directly next to a wall are bad; now we question whether those same interactions *behind* the speaker matter.

I'm also interested in your observation about the proximity of the tweeter to the TV. For me, the comparison is between a VP100 and two M2's placed horizontally. Driver compliment notwithstanding, it seems that the tweeter on the Axiom VP speakers is not farther removed from the top plane of their resting place than is the tweeter of a horizontally-oriented M2 (all are center mounted on a 7.5" width baffle). So, is it possible that getting that tweeter farther "up and away" from the top plane of the TV is beneficial? Fodder for assymetrical mounting of the VP tweeters?

For my personal situation, some of this discussion is academic. My center MUST be placed in a little hole/shelf under the TV. It's too narrow for a VP150, and too short for a vertical M2, hence my questions.

Here is a bad pic. The Center channel speaker goes below the TV in the middle of the bench.

Now, don't go trying to give me creative, non-WAF solutions. I've gone about as far as I can with HT, and anything that puts the center in a screwy place just isn't going to pass the straight-face test.

I'm basically resigned to the VP100, but Tony's experience and analysis of the crossover points really has me thinking.

Sorry for the long post. Thanks for the help and discussion.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem