Hi gang, I'm currently a proud owner of the old Axiom line-up (Axiom 1.5 bookshelf). Got four of them I and just sold 2.

I have a yamaha rx-650 7.1 receiver. At the moment, I dont expect to use the full 7.1 setup. I think I will stick with 5.1 and buy another pair next year.

right now I have the axiom (the cheap one) center, + 4x AX1.5 + 1 PSB 12" subwoofer (which is excellent)

The most logical choice (I believe) would be to replace my front speakers. I've narrowed my choice to a pair of Athenay full tower speakers and a pair of polk audio RTi6 speakers. The Athena speakers had a lot of more base compared to the RTi6 but when I turned on a subwoofer at the store, the RTi6 really shined. The Athena sounds was vague and not really exciting. The Athena only shined when the sub was off (but I already have a sub at home). Both were priced 499$ (CDN).

Knowing that I wanted to invest between 500-650, I noticed that the M22ti could also be a good candidate and had positive reviews.

Did someone had the chance to compare the two speakers?

I love the extra punch of full tower speakers but since I have a good subwoofer I don't have any problems going with the bookshelf set. I'm open at any suggestions, it's just that the electronic shops nearby doesnt have a vast choice of speakers to listen too.

I was forgetting that I also listened to Paradigm monitor 7 series, it seemed excellent but the tech guy at the store only had an Enya audio cd, I dont really know if the speaker can reproduce drum correctly! :-)

Here is a picture of my current setup..
http://www.spidaware.com/condo/salon4.jpg
you can see that I already have a nice spot for bookshelf speakers, but I could also place towers beside my 42" TV.

My system is used 50% for HT and 50% for music.
please guide me to the light and say the truth!

PS: english is my second language, please don't be frustrated for any errors I may write.