I had a listen to the Polk Lsi 25's($2500 US) the other day.I personally didn't care that much for them.The sound they had were as if there was a veil over them.The highs seemed to be to soft for my likeing.The mid range to me also seemed to be soft.The bass was pretty go though as it should be with built in subs.The Polks made it seem as if you were way to far back from the music,with the M80's it seems to me like you are sitting more up front.The mids on the 80's are definitly more pronounced and the bass seems almost as good without the use of built in subs.The highs are,well,alot more pronouned compared to the Polks,which I like.Over all I prefer the Axiom sound.I will say this both speakers Axiom and Polk put out one heck of a soundstage.This is just my OPINION.

I also had a listen to some Martin Logans and all I can say is O'man those babies sound sweeeeeeeeeet.They were also$4900.00 US,but damn they sure are nice.

Rick

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud