"I keep hearing about these Athena speakers and for the most part it's all good. I have never really spent any time with them. Can some one give me a quick thought on them? Do they sound like another brand? Are they mid heavy?"

I don't know exactly how to describe them, but when I was shopping for my home theatre system I listened to them at Best Buy and was unimpressed - so much so that I forgot that I had heard them there until someone mentioned it on this thread and jogged my memory. Best Buy carries the bottom-of-the-line Klipsch stuff and it sounded much better in my (and my wife's - a music major with a great ear) opinion.

Luc, as for your question about getting the most speaker you can for your price range, it would be hard to beat the M22s. That's why I bought mine - after owning the Polks and learning a lot more about what is available outside of the 4 main audio stores near my house, I decided they were the best option for the money. For $550 US I got a secondary system with M22s and a Velodyne CHT 8 subwoofer.