"The Sony's are touch screen models. They used to drive me nuts when I had a situation where I had to push a button on the touch screen multiple times to achieve the desired results, such as scrolling through a menu. I'd put my finger on the appropriate spot on the touch screen, look up at the TV screen to be sure where I was on the menu, and as I pushed to touch screen, my finger would drift off the appropriate spot and I'd be changing something I didn't want to change as well as NOT scrolling through the menu. This would make me crazy."

You just have to know how to program it correctly. The hard button wheel area controls the scrolling of any piece of equipment I'm currently using. I also programmed the 4 main hard buttons for my most frequent buttons (ff, play, rewind, pause on my directivo). I will say that touchscreen remotes aren't for everyone, but I love my sony commander. After over 1 year of use, I can even operate almost all of the functions for every component without looking at the touch screen.

Stew

"the dream never dies, just the dreamer"