i agree with bren 100%...

i bought the series last night and got home to watch it late. i couldnt turn it up real loud in fear of disturbing my wife and children, but there was a definite huge difference between the music and effects, and the actual dialogue volume. i had to keep the remote in hand, and turn it up for dialogue parts, then turn it way down for music segways, and battle cruisers flying thru the screen.

the movie is a straight up 'classic' so i cant dog it too bad.. but, i also, dont care for the new CG animation on top of the old footage. it looks very out of place and doesnt blend with the rest of the scene. it became a game to try and point out the newly added scenes or CG parts.. most of it is VERY easy to spot, some not so easy.

i just watched the first(or 4th, depending on how you look at it)episoder last night. hopefully, the good memories and childhood dreams will override my dislike for the newly 'enhanced' movies. the added boost in audio quality is a good thing, but i really think he should have stayed with the original footage.

the original movies made him a multi-million dollar empire.. why change a good thing??

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??