Have you considered the QS2s at all for rear speakers?
Just curious.

As to your second query on the dvd/cd issue, i also had to choose between cd and dvd options. In wanting a multiple disc cd player for convenience i went looking around. In finding a dvd player with a 5 disc tray, both my requirements were solved. However, given the past couple of months of use, i am re-thinking my purchase of the MODEL of dvd player that i bought.
The concept is otherwise very sound. I absolutely love being able to load up the player with 5 discs and letting them play on random while knowing that i could pop a dvd movie into the player for HT.
Considering you are on a tight budget, judging by your component selection, i personally would recommend you look for a dvd player to use as both the movie and music source.
Some good names with decent prices that i came across were Panasonic, Toshiba (especially decent), Hitachi, Sony .
I think i may have copied an article from S&V not long ago about budget dvd players and all their specs.
If you are interested in this info send me a personal message and i'll dig up the scanned pages.
You can also chek out this post i did awhile ago on my choices:
the link

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."