Steven,
(Sorry for the long post)

Great to hear that it made such a difference for you; I have to wonder though in making your connections if you did not inadvertently correct some other pre-existing problems with the original connections or jumpers. Good quality wire is wire, you will see all kinds of articles and testimonials to the effect that it makes such a difference. That our cables are 99.9% oxygen free. And the best ones I have seen to date are the companies that have arrows on the cables to make sure that you connect them in the right direction since the cable is designed that electrons flow better in one direction. However in any independent lab tests none of these claims has ever shown to make the slightest difference. In my own personal experience when I built my room, and was sourcing my components I came across a shop that I went into looking at high end DVD players. The topic in-variably came around to what wires and interconnects was I going to use. To make a long story short the guy was so insistent that the wire would make all the difference to my setup that he agreed to come and install this QED Genesis Silver Spiral cable at $45.00/ft (http://www.qed.co.uk/cables/speaker/genesis.html) plus the cost of the connectors and installation since which had to be done by them to ensure proper routing and wire terminations. I agreed with the understanding that if there was no audible difference and they would be present for the tests, he would take it all back. If it made the difference they claimed then I pay for the wire the installation and I would buy the DVD player fro them. It made absolutely no difference! The guy spent 2 days running cable and making the “proper” connections. When we did blind tests, a friend of mine made the cable switches so that neither one of us would know which cable was which. He could not tell the difference, he even picked the normal wire a couple of times trying to guess which one was the QED. Well out it all came, the best part was what came next. The reason we could not hear any difference: The Axiom speakers were not good enough to be able to discern the difference such high quality wire would make to a good set of speakers. He was very disappointed since he thought the M80’s were much better then that. I’m sorry I had to laugh.