Ayien, It was amusing to say the least.

Marc, maybe i should clarify a bit the wire I use is a high grade 12 gage fine strand copper signal wire. We buy it in bulk spools for use in some projects that we did in my company. I think that we paid around $2,000 for 1000 ft spools. I have yet to try any wires even the Kimber’s you mention that make any difference to my system.

In general terms using one cable on the left and one on the right is generally not a good method as your ears, right and left do perceive sound differently. I would like to see it done with 2 pairs of the same speakers on a switch box then switch the source between the 2, again positioning will effect how you perceive the sound from each set. So you would have to switch the wires around and do it again in reverse without knowing which was which.

I would be interested to find one scientifically done independent test to show that there is some difference in cables. Too date I have not been able to find one. And lets face it high performance cable sales make the store good money (I am not trying to imply that you or your shop specifically do this) but to generalize audio places love to sell you high end wire and interconnects because the margins on them are tremendous. You can potentially make more profit on the wire sales then you did selling the customer the speakers.