Alright so I've been doing some exploring of the forum as I usually do, and I've noted in a few threads that a lot of people seem happy with just two speakers (be they m60's, or m3's, or what have you)... Some even find the bass too much with the 60's..

Am I the only one that, while the 60's are awesome, once adding a subwoofer, Music is so lacking without it? Yes my 60's rock in stereo, but now that the LFE is being handled by my subwoofer, anything else is just lacking.... Perhaps I've gotten used to feeling the bass in my spinal cord, or having my entire room shake with the right song, or being able to move furniture around, a floor away, yeah a lot of my rap, electronica, and heavy metal stuff will do that....

I just threw on "Quincy Jones - Birdland", which has a really solid bassline, and I can feel the bass drum and I'm 15 ft away from the subwoofer and that makes me very happy!

Am I alone in my bass obsessed nature? Maybe it's because I'm younger? I know my dad likes his music to sound good, but doesn't always appreciate the "interactive" feel of my system

Thoughts?

- D

"Big John is my Idol...or is it that other way around? Let's ask Ray!"