well, seems like the general idea here is, 'sub is better', and i would have to fall in line with that thought process. i had never had a sub til i set up the system i have now, and i am glad i did. in my prior system, i had two giant vega towers, that had 15 inch woofers in them, via 1991. they could kick the low end, but the mids and highs would disappear into the bass. and even though it was LOUD bass, it wasnt controlled, and sounded sloppy.

now, with the M60's and a vega 12 inch sub, the sound is leaps and bounds better. i can obviously hear the mids and highs that i was depraved of before, plus the added gift of a powerful, but more concise bass. granted, the vega sub is still a little boomy, but not at all sloppy like the vega towers. i know the sub is still the weakest link in my system, but, i am content with what i have now, and am on the path for a new one.

now that i have had this set up for a while, i dont reckon i could ever go back to a non-sub system. even in 2.1, it adds a richness and heavy texture that i prefer in my music listening experience.

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??